Saturday, December 19, 2009

Winston's Winter Wonderland!

I'm not at all ashamed to admit that I completely turn into a little kid when there's snow in the forecast. So for the past few days, we've been giddy with the prospect of our first winter storm in some time. And unlike the past few seasons of empty promises, this time the snowflakes covered our beautiful city, creating our own Winter Wonderland!

Erich and I took our pup Zable for a snowy walk in the park last night. We had so much fun! And there's nothing like curling up in a warm bed after being out in the blustery snow. More snow fell overnight, leaving us with six inches total. After oatmeal and coffee (Bali beans, Mellow Johnny's style), Erich and I set out for a long walk through town, making a few fun stops and taking several photos along the way. It really is one of the most wonderful times of the year!

No snowy adventure is complete without a warm cup of yummy goodness. As the snow started to fall yesterday, E and I made a stop at Krankies Silver Bullet. One mocha and one vanilla steamer later, we were on our way.

Not sure who gets more excited, Erich or me!

Wrestling with Zable in the snow. I definitely won.

I'm partial, I know...but I love our house in the snow!

Not far from our house, there's this wooded path that connects to a main sidewalk and street. We decided to take this 'shortcut' on our walk. Beautiful!

Such a peaceful looking church, serene in the snow.

We loved this. When in doubt, just close down the whole road!

After a stop at a bike shop and plenty of trudging through the snow, we worked up an appetite. Sharing a sandwich at Cafe Prada was the perfect solution. Here, I'm apparently reflecting on our tasty decision to stop, rest, and refuel.

Not today, biker buddies.

Beautiful Centenary Methodist Church in Downtown Winston. 05.08.10 is fast approaching...

One of our favorite spots, 6th & Vine, looks that much cooler in the snow.

One of the highlights of our day was our trip to Mock Orange Bikes. Not only did the guys in the shop build a crazy snowman (complete with reflectors for eyes), but they also brewed us a hot cup of Mello Velo for the walk home. Can't hardly beat it!

One of our favorite parks. So pretty and peaceful on our walk home.

Out in the snow with my favorite guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment