Sunday, February 21, 2010

Days Go By

I finally laced up the running shoes again this past week. The combination of warmer temperatures and watching the world's finest athletes from my couch proved to be the perfect motivation. I'm not saying I was at my fastest - nor did I have the most fun ever - but I was out there. And that feels pretty good. It didn't hurt to hit The Loop with my running buddy afterwards either...

As has been the case more and more lately, I spent a big part of the week reading and writing. I love hanging out in 1962 Mississippi with Minny, Skeeter, and Aibileen...The Help is every bit as good as advertised so far. And I tackled five new articles for LiveStrong over the course of the past several days. I'm not a fast writer, so taking on several articles at once can be a sizable challenge for me. But it's fun, and I'm hoping that will be the kind of challenge that makes me better.

Speaking of living strong, Erich has been tearing up the pavement lately. I've mentioned it before - I totally get a kick out of creating (and tweaking) training plans. And to see him starting to reap the benefits of all his hard work is rewarding for me as well. He had a whale of a training ride yesterday, and it's a ton of fun to chat up the details of max heart rates and intervals over an ice cold Red Oak after satisfying workouts for us both. Our journey to New York is not as far away as it once seemed, and I'm starting to get really excited about that whole adventure...

The week ahead already looks busy with my anesthesia clinic gaining momentum and seven joint replacements on the docket in the O.R. on Tuesday. It's also exam week for the students in the PA Program, meaning Erich and I will spend all of Wednesday critiquing the history and physical exam skills of future PAs. Thankfully, we have a super-cool birthday celebration at 6th & Vine to look forward to later that night. Of course, we're continually absorbed by the Winter Olympics. And next weekend? Who knows...to be sure, some kind of madness will make its way onto the agenda.

And so life goes on, a little better (and faster!) as days go by...

No comments:

Post a Comment